Tea-Rose CookiesUser Submitted Recipe
9 oz unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
6 oz powdered sugar (plus extra for decorating)
1 whole egg
½ fl. oz rosewater (substitute ¼ oz vanilla if necessary)
½ oz Earl Grey tea leaves, crushed fine
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
11 oz bread flour
1 cup rose hip jelly
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. In bowl of mixer, combine butter, sugar, and crushed tealeaves. Cream together until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes.
3. While continuing to beat mixture, gradually add egg, rosewater, vegetable oil, and salt.
4. Add flour to bowl and blend on low speed until just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Using the piping bag fitted with the large star tip, pipe roses onto the parchment lined pans, about 1½ to 2 inches in diameter. The mixture is rather heavy and stiff, but it will pipe. Swinging the tip in tiny circles as you squeeze the bag to form nice rose shapes. Do not worry about leaving too much space between cookies – this dough will spread very little in the oven.
6. Using a finger dipped in powdered sugar, press a small indentation into the center of each cookie.
7. Using the small piping bag and tip, fill the indentations with rose hip jelly.
8. Bake until golden, approximately 10 to 12 minutes, cool on racks, and serve!
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!