Yummy Congo BarsUser Submitted Recipe
1 1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. or 1 1/4 sticks butter, softened to room temp.
2 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 c. walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 9 x 13” inch pan.
3. Beat butter and sugar in bowl until creamy.
4. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each egg.
5. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; blend well.
6. Fold in chips and nuts.
7. Turn in pan, spread evenly. Bake until top is lightly browned, about 20-25 minutes.
8. Transfer to wire rack; let cool. Cut into bars.
9. Congo bars freeze well.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!