My Own Favorite CheesecakeUser Submitted Recipe
three 8-ounce bars Philadelphia Brand Cream cheese, softened to room temperature (or any fine brand name type, not whipped, not in tubs)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint sour cream
2 ready-made graham cracker pie shells
1. Preheat oven to 350oF
2. Cream well: cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
3. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well.
4. Add sour cream - mix very well, with beater on low.
5. Put batter in a 9-inch spring-form pan, lined with graham cracker crust, which you have emptied from the two pie shells and patted into a half inch base for the cheesecake.
6. Put spring-form cake pan filled with cheesecake batter and crumb crust in a pan with water and a cloth under it. Don't let the water touch the cheesecake pan.
7. Bake 1 hour at 350oF.
8. Turn off oven. Leave in oven for 1 more hour.
9. Freeze for two hours before removing spring-form walls of the pan.