Chocolate Raspberry Brownie MousseUser Submitted Recipe
1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Nestlé Chocolatier Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/3 cup frozen raspberries, drained, mashed
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 to 7 drops red food coloring (optional)
1/4 cup frozen raspberries, drained, mashed
1/3 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
2. Microwave 1 cup chocolate morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on high (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in mashed raspberries. Spread into prepared baking pan.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
For Raspberry Mousse:
5. Chop remaining morsels into roughly 1/4-inch pieces. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and food coloring, if desired, in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Fold in mashed raspberries and chopped chocolate morsels.
6. Beat cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into raspberry cream cheese mixture until blended. Spread mousse over cooled brownie. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into bars.