Milk Chocolate Bar Layer CakeUser Submitted Recipe
which everyone that taste it, can't get enough. It is one of my best recipes."
1 cup cocoa
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons boiling water, divided use
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
10 1.5-ounce milk chocolate candy bars with almonds, divided use
1 12-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 9-inch cake pans.
2. For the cake, combine cocoa and 2 cups boiling water. Whisk until smooth, then set aside to cool.
3. Combine butter, sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons boiling water, eggs and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, depending on your mixer.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture and cocoa mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with four mixtures. Mix just until combined, do not overbeat.
5. Pour batter evenly among the 3 prepared pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or just until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
6. To make Frosting. Beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and granulated sugar at medium speed in an electric mixer until creamy. Finely chop eight of the candy bars. Fold cream cheese mixture and chopped candy bars into whipped topping.
7. Spread frosting between cake layers and on top and sides. Roughly chop the remaining 2 candy bars. Sprinkle half of them on top of the cake. Press the remaining half along the bottom inch or so of the cake. Store cake in refrigerator