Chocolate-Espresso In a CloudUser Submitted Recipe
Store bought Angel Food Cake
Cocoa powder (unsweetened) for dusting
Hazel nuts (toasted and chopped)
Frangelica (Hazelnut liqueur)
3 1/2 cups 1% milk
vanilla bean (inside seeds of one bean)
3/4 cup fine sugar
1 cup - egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs)
1 pound mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons espresso powder
Step 1- Pull together: Store bought Angel Food Cake, Cocoa powder (unsweetened) for dusting, Hazel nuts (toasted and chopped), Frangelica (Hazelnut liqueur), Nutella
Step 2- Custard for trifle: 3 1/2 cups 1% milk, vanilla bean (inside seeds of one bean), 3/4 cup fine sugar, and 1 cup - egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs). Heat milk with vanilla until boiling in a stainless saucer. Whisk. Add small amounts of the heated milk to the eggs, whisking to mix, until more milk is in the egg mixture than the pan. Return to pan. Whisk over medium heat until thickened.
Step 3- Chocolate- Espresso Mascarpone: 1 pound mascarpone cheese, at room temperature, 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (melted), 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons espresso powder. Using a Cuisinart hand electric mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese, melted chocolate, powdered sugar, and espresso powder in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
Step 4- Assembly -
1. Layer cubed Angel Food Cake at the bottom of trifle bowl. Liberally pour Frangelica over cake. Jiggle the bowl to distribute.
2. Pour Mascarpone mixture over cake. Jiggle the bowl to distribute.
3. Spread a thin coating of Nutella on the Angel Food cakes cubes. Add to bowl.
4. Pour Custard over cake. Jiggle the bowl to distribute.
5. Dust the top with Cocoa Power and chopped hazelnuts
6. Chill overnight.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!