Toasted Almond & Tangerine Chocolate Chip Shortbread CrecentsUser Submitted Recipe
1 1/2 Cups Sliced Almonds, toasted and chilled
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Cake Flour
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, COLD, cut into 16 pieces
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream, COLD, or more if needed
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
1 Teaspoon Tangerine Zest
1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Flora Di Sicilia, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, COLD
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 4 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process the flours and almonds until finely ground.
3. Add the butter, sugars and next 6 ingredients. Process continuously until the dough begins to gather around the blade. Add more cream, a teaspoon at a time, if the dough seems too dry. Do not over process or the dough will become too warm and soft.
4. Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
5. Spread the 1/4 cup of granulated sugar evenly in a large plate. Roll the dough into 32 small balls and then into a 3 inch rope. Roll in the granulated sugar.
6. Form each into a crescent shape and place 8 to each cookie sheet.
7. Bake until firm to the touch and just beginning to color, about 12-15 minutes.
8. Cool for 15 minutes to firm up and then remove to a tray to cool completely before storage.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!