Autumn Apple Pecan Spice CupcakesUser Submitted Recipe
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
4 Large Golden Delicious Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2" pieces
1 3/4 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Pecan Halves, or more if needed
2 Tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and then coat lightly with cooking spray.
2. MAKE THE APPLESAUCE: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan on medium-low heat. Add the apples and stir to combine with the butter. Slightly cover and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer for another 5 minutes, until all the juices evaporate. Mash the apples with a potato masher in the pan into an applesauce type consistency, leaving a few chunks of apple. Use 1 1/2 cups in the batter. Cool slightly.
3. MAKE THE BATTER: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt to combine.
4. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the 3/4 cup butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy; about 2-3 minutes.
5. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6. Lower the mixer speed and beat in the half the flour mixture, then all the applesauce mixture, then the remaining flour mixture.
7. Fold in the pecans and raisins until just combined.
8. Fill each muffin cup to the top. Place 3 pecan halves on each muffin and then sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
9. Bake in the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan 15 minutes before removing; then cool completely before storage.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!