Almond Eggnog CupcakesUser Submitted Recipe
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
2/3 Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons Dark Rum
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2/3 Cup Eggnog
1/3 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 Cup Toasted Almonds, coarsely chopped
1 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
3 Tablespoons Eggnog
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners and then lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then continue to beat on medium speed until the batter is smooth. Add the rum and vanilla and almond extracts.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggnog and condensed milk. On low speed, alternately add the flour and milk to the batter; beat just until smooth.
5. Add 1/2 cup of the chopped almonds; beat just until combined.
6. Fill each muffin cup to the top and then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chopped almonds evenly over each cupcake. Sprinkle each with cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then remove to a waxed paper lined tray to cool and glaze.
8. MAKE THE ICING: In a small sauce pan on low heat whisk together the icing ingredients until smooth and just starting to bubble. Add more eggnog if too thick; the mixture should be pourable. Immediately drizzle over each cupcake. Let the icing harden and then store or serve.