Coco-nana "Ice Cream"User Submitted Recipe
14 oz Light Coconut Milk, Canned
15 oz Cream of Coconut, Canned
¾ cup Light Corn Syrup
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
4 cups Bananas -- Approx. 4 to 6 bananas
½ cup Coconut, Shredded -- Raw.
½ cup Coconut, Shredded -- Toasted, reserve for garnish.
1) Place bananas in freezer and freeze overnight. Remove bananas from freezer and allow to thaw for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2) Peel bananas and place in bowl of food processor along with the lemon juice. Process for 10 to 15 seconds.
3) Add corn syrup and turn processor on. Slowly pour in the coconut milk. Add Cream of Coconut. Taste. If necessary add more corn syrup to taste. Process until smooth.
4) Hand mix Shredded coconut (raw).
5) Chill mixture in refrigerator until it reaches 40 degrees. (About 1 hour.)
6) Transfer mixture to a Cuisinart ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. (About 30 minutes.)
7) Place mixture in four one-pint ice cream containers and freeze for 3 to 6 hours before serving.
Serving Size: 4 oz.