Grilled Strawberry ShortcakesCuisinart Original Recipe
A great dessert for the summer months and it only takes 15 minutes."
1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1 pound cake (about 11 ounces), cut into 10 slices
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ cup heavy cream, chilled
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to Medium.
2. While the grill is preheating, put the strawberries into a medium mixing bowl with sugar, salt and mint; toss to combine.
3. Once the grill has preheated, for about 10 minutes, spoon the strawberry mixture onto the Grill plate. Cook, tossing occasionally, for about 2 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Remove and reserve, removing as much of the sugar off of the Grill plate as possible.
4. While the strawberries are cooking, brush the pound cake with the softened butter. Place on the hot Grill plate and cook about 1½ to 2 minutes per side, until medium grill marks are achieved.
5. While the pound cake is grilling, prepare the whipped cream. Put the cream and sugar into a chilled mixing bowl. Using a Cuisinart® Hand Mixer, whip the cream to medium-stiff peaks. Reserve.
6. To assemble: Top the grilled pound cake with the whipped cream and then finish with the strawberries.
ServingsMakes 10 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 208 (57% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 2g • fat 13g • sat. fat 8g
• chol. 97mg • sod. 154mg • calc. 27mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Griddler® Compact Grill Centro
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!