Blueberry Almond TarteUser Submitted Recipe
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
I also made this pie with apples and it was marvelous! I added a half teaspoon of cinnamon to the apple tarte."
1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons of cold unsalted butter
1/4 to 1/3 cup ice cold water
2 cups wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 Tablespoons sugar (more up to a 1/3 cup, if you like it very sweet)
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
Pinch of salt
4 ounces almond paste
1 Tablespoon butter
Crust, use crust ingredients:
1. Put flour and salt into bowl of Cuisinart food processor. Pulse a few times to mix in the salt.
2. Cut the butter into 6 pieces and place in the Cuisinart bowl. Pulse until butter pieces are somewhat larger than peas, i. e. still visible in the mixture.
3. Add the water, a little at a time, pulsing 0nce or twice after each addition until the mixture is moist enough to pull into a ball. So not over handle or your crust will be tough. Place the pastry dough into a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Filling, using filling ingredients:
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, pinch of salt together.
2. Sprinkle the almond extract over the blueberry mixture and stir in.
3. Knead the almond paste so it can be rolled out into a circle about 5-6 inches in diameter. Set onto a plate until needed.
Putting it all together.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Roll out the pastry to about a 9-10 inch circle. Place on a pizza pan that has been covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
3. Center the rolled almond paste on the pastry.
4. Carefully pour the blueberry mixture on top of the almond paste. This will go on top of much of the rest of the pastry. Just push it all toward the center a bit. Dot with the tablespoon of butter.
5. Now, pull the pastry up all around on the circle, leaving a hole in the center at least 1-2 inches in diameter. It is easy to manipulate the shape with blueberry pie, especially if the berries are still frozen.
6. Place in oven for 35-45 minutes or more, depending on whether the berries were frozen or not. If your tarte is getting too dark, cover with foil.
Serve warm or cool. Makes about 6 pieces.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!