Fresh Berry TartCuisinart Original Recipe
Use one or a mix of all three berries for this beautiful and festive tart."
1 recipe pâte sucrée
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
½ cup heavy cream
1⁄3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
pinch kosher salt
8 ounces mascarpone, room temperature
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (discard pod or save for another use)
3 to 4 cups berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
1. On a lightly floured surface roll the dough into a 10-inch disc. Fit into an ungreased 9-inch tart pan or pie plate and chill for 20 minutes. Prick the dough evenly all over with a fork, making sure not to go entirely through the dough.
2. Preheat oven on Bake at 350°F with the rack in the lower position. Line the pie shell with parchment and fill with dried beans, rice or pie weights. Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until the dough beneath the parchment is dry. Remove the parchment with weights and bake the shell for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until shell is lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely.
3. In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the cooled tart shell and smooth with an offset spatula to cover the bottom evenly. Chill the tart in the freezer for 5 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
4. In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks and set aside . In another medium bowl, using a Cuisinart® hand mixer on medium speed, whip the mascarpone with the sugar, salt and vanilla seeds until lightened and ingredients are fully combined. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture, 1⁄3 at a time, until completely incorporated.
5. Spread the mascarpone cream into the prepared shell on top of the chocolate, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Decoratively arrange the berries over the cream, covering as much of the cream as possible. Chill the tart in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
ServingsMakes one 9-inch tart (10 to 12 servings)
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings):
Calories 325 (58% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 4g • fat 22g • sat. fat 13g
• chol. 70mg • sod. 115mg • calc. 31mg • fiber 3g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!