Lemon Tea LoafCuisinart Original Recipe
butter and flour for preparing pan
3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, to room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large lemons, zested and juiced, juice divided
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
1. Butter and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
2. Into a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Put the melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and combine using a hand mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. The mixture will seem slightly granular. Reserve 2 tablespoons of lemon juice for the glaze and then add the rest with the zest to the butter/sugar mixture and continue mixing. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. Mix until batter is homogenous.
4. Using low speed, add the dry ingredients and the milk alternately in three additions, ending with the milk.
5.Pour the batter into the pan and put in the oven with the rack in the lower rack position. Set the oven to Convection Bake at 325°F for 65 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow cake to rest at least 10 minutes in the pan until warm. While cake is resting, mix the reserved juice with the confectioners’ sugar until sugar is dissolved. When the pan is cool enough to handle, remove the cake from the pan and put on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Brush glaze all over top and sides of cake with a spatula or pastry brush. Allow cake to cool completely before slicing.
ServingsMakes 1 loaf (sixteen ½-inch slices)
Nutritional information per serving slice:
Calories 275 (26% from fat) • carb. 47g • pro. 4g
• fat 8g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 55mg • sod. 156mg
• calc. 56mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Combo Steam + Convection Oven
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!