Pepper, Onion and Potato FrittataCuisinart Original Recipe
Frittatas are simple and delicious. This is also tasty with some crumbled, cooked Italian sausage mixed into it."
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 small onion, peeled and halved
1 medium red bell pepper, quartered, cored and seeded
1 small to medium russet potato (4 to 6 ounces), peeled and halved, reserved in cold water
1 ounce parmesan
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
12 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Insert the metal chopping blade into the work bowl of the Food Processor. With the unit running, drop the garlic through the feed tube and process to finely chop.
- Keeping the garlic in the bowl, remove the chopping blade and insert the slicing disc assembly. Slice the onion and pepper. Remove vegetables and reserve. Slice the potato; remove and reserve in cold water.
- Remove the slicing disc, and flip to the shredding side (or insert shredding disc, if they are separate). Shred the Parmesan; reserve.
- Place a 10-inch nonstick skillet* over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and swirl the pan to coat the surface evenly. Add the garlic, onion and pepper, with a pinch each of the salt and pepper; sauté until softened, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and reserve.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Remove the potatoes from the water and dry well on a towel. Add to the pan with 2 pinches each of the salt and pepper. Sauté until browned and tender.
- Once potatoes have browned, add the onion/pepper mixture back to the pan, stir to combine, then top with the eggs, remaining salt and pepper and shredded parmesan. Leave skillet on the heat so that the bottom and sides of the frittata begin to set, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place skillet into oven and bake until the top of the frittata is golden and puffed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and invert onto a cutting board. Cut the frittata and serve immediately.
*If not using a nonstick pan, coat the pan with a nonstick cooking spray before adding the eggs. Once the vegetables are sautéed, stir them into beaten eggs; and add to the coated pan.
Servingsmakes 10 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 127 (56% from fat) | carb. 5g | pro. 9g | fat 8g | sat. fat 3g | chol. 225mg | sod. 248mg | calc. 73mg | fiber 1g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!