Blueberry Corn MuffinsCuisinart Original Recipe
A perfect combination of two old-time favorite muffins.
nonstick cooking spray
¹∕³ cup cornmeal
²∕³ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
1 large egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup whole milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream, room temperature
½ cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
1. Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the Bake setting with the rack in
2. Lightly coat a six-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray; reserve.
3. Put the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda and powder, sugar and zest into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
4. Mix the egg, milk, butter and yogurt/sour cream together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries –
you want to be sure not to over-mix the batter.
5. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 16 to 18 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the tops of the muffins spring back to the touch.
ServingsMakes six muffins
Nutritional information per muffin:
Calories 182 (35% from fat) • carb. 426g • pro. 4g • fat 7g
sat. fat 4g • chol. 53mg • sod. 225mg • calc. 45mg • fiber 1g