Eggs StrataUser Submitted Recipe
8 slices Brioche bread crusts removed
8 slices Old English American Cheese
6 slices boiled deli ham chopped
3 cups milk
1/2 lb fresh Crimini mushrooms sliced
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/3 cup minced sweet onion
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
This requires day before preparation.
In a 9"-13" baking dish take 2 tbs butter and butter all sides and bottom of dish.
1. In a saute pan over medium heat put remaining butter and mushrooms and cook down until mushrooms are reduced.
2. Line baking dish with bread cut to fit if needed.
3. Repeat with the cheese.
4. Sprinkle half the cooked mushrooms and half the chopped ham over the first layer evenly.
5. Repeat steps 2,3,4 for top layer
6. In a blender or large mixing bowl blend 6 eggs, 2 cups of milk, 1/4 tsp dry mustard.
7. Pour custard mixture over bread, cover and refrigerate over night.
Preheat oven to *350 Cook 45-50 minutes
Take out of oven and let cool and set 10 minutes before serving.
*While cooling prepare topping*
1 1can of cream of mushroom soup
2.1cup of milk
3.1/4 cup minced onion
4.2 hard boiled eggs chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients 1-4 in a sauce pan over medium heat for 10 minutes stirring frequently while casserole is setting.Serve all together and enjoy!