Carmalized Baked French ToastUser Submitted Recipe
• 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
• 8 eggs
• 2 cups milk
• 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 ½ cups pecans
• 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
• ¾ cup butter
• 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Remove from heat and add pecans. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
3. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!