Pannekoeken (Dutch-Style Pancakes)Cuisinart Original Recipe
Top these pancakes, a cross between a crêpe and a traditional pancake, with anything from fried eggs to fresh fruit with fresh cream.
nonstick cooking spray
2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon table salt
6 large egg whites
2 cups reduced-fat milk
1. Lightly coat Skillet cooking surface with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 375°F.
2. Whisk all ingredients together until the batter is very smooth, with no lumps.
3. Pour ½ cup batter into the Skillet. Using the side helper handles, quickly spread the batter to make a thin layer that covers the cooking surface of the Skillet. Cook about 1½ to 2 minutes, or until browned on the bottom and dry on the top.
4. With the help of a spatula, flip to cook the other side, 1 to 2 minutes or until browned on the bottom. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Serve immediately on a large plate with desired toppings.
Topping Suggestions: powdered sugar, whipped cream and fresh fruit. Or for a dessert, serve topped with ice cream, caramelized apples or chocolate sauce.
Servingsno serving information available
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 314 (9% from fat) • carb. 54g • pro. 16g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 10mg • sod. 424mg • calc. 156mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!