Paleo Honey and Pecan Banana BreadUser Submitted Recipe
FOR THE HONEY GLAZED BANANAS:
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, Melted
2 Tablespoons Honey
3 Large Bananas, Peeled And Sliced (3 Should Yield About 2 Cups Of Slices)
FOR THE BREAD:
½ cups Coconut Flour, Sifted
¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
½ teaspoons Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
4 whole Eggs (Yolks And Whites Separated)
2 Egg Whites
¼ cups Honey
¼ cups Coconut Oil, Melted
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
¾ teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
FOR THE CINNAMON PECAN CENTER:
⅓ cups Pecans, Finely Chopped
1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
FOR THE PECAN STREUSEL TOPPING:
⅓ cups Pecans, Roughly Chopped
¼ teaspoons Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
¼ cups Coconut Flour
1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon Of Coconut Oil, Melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard-size loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
2. Begin by making the glazed bananas:
3. In a medium saucepan over medium/high heat add the melted coconut oil and and honey. Mix well.
4. Add the chopped bananas into the pan, stirring to coat evenly. Let the glaze reduce and slightly thicken while the bananas get nice and soft, about 5 minutes.
5. While the bananas cook, measure the coconut flour, sift and remeasure. Place it into a medium mixing bowl.
6. Into the flour add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
7. Separate your egg yolks into a large mixing bowl and the egg whites, plus the additional egg whites into a medium mixing bowl. Set the egg whites aside.
8. Beat the egg yolks together with the honey and oil.
9. Add the cooked banana and glaze from the pan into the honey and oil mixture, along with the vanilla and beat until the batter is smooth and the banana is well mixed. Set aside
10. Add the apple cider vinegar into the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until they are light and foamy, 2-3 minutes. Set the egg whites aside for a moment.
11. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just moistened.
12. Then gently fold in the beaten egg whites, being careful not to over mix. Let the batter stand for 5-10 minutes so that the coconut flour can start to absorb the liquid.
13. While the batter stands, it’s time to make the filling and streusel.
14. For the filling: In a small bowl combine the pecans and coconut sugar. Set aside.
For the struesel topping:
1. Combine the dry ingredients (chopped pecans through coconut flour) in a small bowl. Pour in the melted coconut oil and mix with your fingers until crumbly.
2. To assemble the bread:
3. Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
4. Sprinkle with the pecan/cinnamon mixture until the batter is totally covered.
5. Pour the remaining half of the batter over top of the pecan filling. The pecan mixture will get mixed in under the force of the batter, this is a good thing,
6. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the pecan/coconut oil streusel, making sure it is evenly dispersed.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until dark golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and set it on a rack.
8. Let bread cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!