Silver Dollar PancakesCuisinart Original Recipe
Dusted with confectioners’ sugar and served with fresh berries, these pancakes make an elegant breakfast."
1 large egg, room temperature
½ cup reduced fat milk
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
½ tablespoon granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1. Fit the Cuisinart® Oven Central® with baking pan if desired. Preheat to 350ºF with the top heater off.
2. Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth; reserve.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend. Add the egg/milk mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in the melted, cooled butter. Do not over-mix or pancakes will be tough.
4. Once unit has preheated, fill a 1/4 cup measuring cup halfway and pour batter evenly onto the hot pan. Repeat to have 4 pancakes. Cook pancakes until bubbles form, about 2 to 3 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 1 to 2 minutes longer.
5. As you finish each batch of pancakes, keep them warm by placing them on a baking sheet and in a traditional oven set to low (200ºF). Repeat until all the batter is used.
6. Transfer to warm plates to serve.
ServingsMakes about 12 two-inch-diameter pancakes
Nutritional information per serving (6 pancakes):
Calories: 200 (30% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 7g
• fat 7g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 20mg • sod. 441mg
• calc. 89mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!