Banana Buttermilk PancakesCuisinart Original Recipe
A crispy exterior gives these pancakes a delightful texture."
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1∕8 teaspoon table salt
1∕8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ cup buttermilk, plus 2 tablespoons, at room temperature
1 large egg, at room temperature
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 ripe banana (¼ mashed, ¾ cut into thin slices)
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the griddle plate, to Medium.
2. Prepare the pancake batter. Put the flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend. Reserve.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture; whisk to combine.
4. Stir in the melted butter and then fold in the mashed banana. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Once griddle has preheated for 10 minutes, drop batter evenly onto the griddle plate using a ¼-cup measure. Place 2 to 3 banana slices on each pancake. Cook pancakes until bubbles form, about 3 to 4 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 2 to 3 minutes longer.
6. Transfer to warm plates to serve. As you finish each batch of pancakes, you can keep them warm on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet in a low oven (200°F). Repeat until all the batter is used.
Note: For a complete breakfast, put 5 breakfast sausages on the rollers to cook once the Grill is preheated. Once they have been cooking for 5 minutes start cooking the pancakes.
ServingsServes 4 people (8 pancakes)
Nutritional Information per serving (2 pancakes):
Calories 222 (31% from fat) • carb. 32g • pro. 7g • fat 8g • sat. fat 4g
• chol. 71mg • sod. 310mg • calc 92mg • fiber 1g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!