Cherry-Almond YogurtCuisinart Original Recipe
Nutty and sweet, this yogurt is also delicious as a frozen yogurt or a popsicle."
2 cups sweet red cherries, pitted and halved
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
pinch kosher salt
¾ teaspoon pure almond extract
1 quart plain yogurt
1. Stir together the cherries, sugar and salt into a medium saucepan set over medium heat; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer until cherries have
softened and liquid has reduced and thickened, about 30 to 40 minutes.
During the last minute of cooking, stir in the almond extract.
3. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
4. Stir mixture into pre-made yogurt, or into yogurt during the cooling phase of the yogurt-making process after it has been cooling for at least 6 hours.
*To make yogurt pops, just pour into ice pop mold and freeze overnight.
ServingsMakes about 1 quart yogurt
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 140 (26% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 7g
• fat 4g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 19mg • sod. 115mg
• calc. 249mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling