Soy YogurtCuisinart Original Recipe
With this recipe you can still enjoy yogurt even if you do not eat dairy
or are on a vegan diet.
4 cups unsweetened soy milk, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon liquid pectin
1 packet vegan yogurt culture
1. Make a slurry with ½ cup of the soy milk and the cornstarch.
2. Heat 1½ cups of the milk in small to medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Once the milk is steaming (NOT boiling) whisk in the slurry. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining milk and the pectin. Cool to 110°F, then stir in the vegan culture until completely incorporated.
3. Pour ingredients into the yogurt container of the Cuisinart Electronic
Yogurt Maker. Press Start and then press the “+” button to select 8 hours for fermentation. Press Start again to begin fermentation.
4. Yogurt has switched from ferment to cool when the time has counted down and “C” is visible on the display panel. Let yogurt stay on chill mode for a minimum of 12 hours before removing from unit. Yogurt may look broken after cooling, so whisk together until smooth.
5. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
ServingsMakes about 1 quart yogurt
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 68 (19% from fat) • carb. 11g • pro. 4g
• fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 45mg
• calc. 20mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!