Plain Yogurt Variation #2Cuisinart Original Recipe
Use this recipe when fermenting with a store-bought yogurt or a
homemade yogurt from a reusable-culture batch.
4 cups whole milk
6 ounces plain whole milk yogurt (use only plain, homogeneous yogurt)
1. Whisk ingredients together well in a medium stainless bowl. (Whisking well ensures ingredients are completely incorporated.)
2. Pour ingredients into the yogurt container of the Cuisinart Electronic
Yogurt Maker. Press Start and then press the “+” button to select 6 hours for fermentation. Press Start again to begin fermentation.
3. Yogurt has switched from ferment to cool when the time has counted down and “C” is visible on the display panel. Let yogurt stay on cool mode for a minimum of 12 hours before removing from unit.
4. Stir well and serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
ServingsMakes about 1 quart yogurt
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 89 (48% from fat) • carb. 7g • pro. 5g
• fat 5g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 14mg • sod. 64mg
• calc. 166mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Electronic Yogurt Maker with Automatic Cooling
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!