Perfect PancakesCuisinart Original Recipe
This is a great all-purpose pancake recipe to have up your sleeve for breakfast next weekend. It can be dressed up by mixing in fresh or frozen fruit, or nuts and chocolate chips."
2 large eggs
¾ cup reduced-fat milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon table salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled (plus more for griddle plates if desired)
1. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the griddle plates and preheat both plates to 400°F.
2. Put the eggs, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk to blend until smooth; reserve. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend. Add the egg/milk mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in the melted, cooled butter. Do not over-mix, or pancakes will be thin and tough – batter should be a bit lumpy.
3. Using a ¼-cup measure, drop batter onto preheated griddle (if you like extra-buttery pancakes, put about ½ tablespoon of butter on each plate and melt before dropping batter on plates). Cook pancakes until bubbles form, about 2 to 3 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 2 minutes longer.
4. Transfer to warm plates to serve. As you finish each batch of pancakes, you can keep them warm on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet in a low oven (200°F). Repeat until all the batter is used.
ServingsMakes about twelve 4-inch pancakes
Nutritional information per serving (2 pancakes):
Calories 150 (35% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 4g • fat 6g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 74mg • sod. 453mg • calc. 83mg • f iber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!