Buttery Dinner Rolls (for Steam Oven)Cuisinart Original Recipe
1/3 cup whole milk
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 tablespoons warm water (105–110°F)
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 cups bread flour
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
egg wash (1 large egg and 1 tablespoon water whisked together)
1. In a small saucepan combine the milk, butter and sugar. Warm over low heat until the butter is melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let stand 5 minutes, or until mixture is foamy. Combine with cooled milk mixture and beaten egg. Put the flour and salt in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the dough or metal chopping blade and process for 10 seconds. With the machine running, slowly add all the liquids through the feed tube and process until a dough ball forms. Continue processing 45 seconds to knead the dough. Shape the dough into a smooth ball, and put it in a clean mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, about 60 minutes.
3. Lightly butter a 9-inch round baking pan. Punch the dough down and then divide into 12 equal pieces (about 2 ounces each). Roll into smooth rounds and arrange in the prepared pan. Put the pan in the oven, with the rack in the lower rack position. Set to Steam at 100°F for 25 minutes to proof.
4. Remove from oven and lightly brush the proofed rolls with egg wash. Return to oven and set to Bread at 375°F for 25 minutes to bake. Rolls should be golden brown and have an internal temperature of 190°F.
5. Remove rolls from the pan and cool slightly before serving.
ServingsMakes 12 rolls
Nutritional information per roll:
Calories 172 (31% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 4g
• fat 6g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 16mg • sod. 102mg
• calc. 12mg • fiber 1g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!