Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip BreadCuisinart Original Recipe
1 cup chopped walnuts
nonstick cooking spray
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream, room temperature
1. Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the Bake setting with the rack in position A. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay the walnuts evenly on the prepared baking sheet; toast for about 3 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. Reserve. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
2. Lightly coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve.
3. Put the flours, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips and cooled, toasted walnuts into a small bowl. Stir to combine; reserve.
4. Put the butter, eggs, vanilla, bananas and yogurt/sour cream into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together, or use a hand or stand mixer with the beater/paddle attachments, until completely combined so that there are no lumps. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
ServingsMakes one 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings):
Calories 303 (45% from fat) • carb. 37g • pro. 6g • fat 16g
sat. fat 6g • chol. 51mg • sod. 227mg • calc. 27mg • fiber 3g