Buttermilk BiscuitsCuisinart Original Recipe
These biscuits are so light and tender that you will want to make them every night."
1¼ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
¼ cup cake flour
1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4½ tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into ½-inch cubes
½ cup low fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, for brushing
1. Preheat oven on Bake or Convection Bake at 400˚F with the rack in the middle position. Line baking pan with parchment paper; reserve.
2. Put the flours, cream of tartar and baking soda into the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Process for 10 to 15 seconds to combine well. Add the sugar, salt and pepper and process for an additional 5 seconds. Add the cold butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 6 to 8 pulses. While pulsing, slowly add the buttermilk until just incorporated, about 2 to 3 pulses.
3. Pour the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently and carefully knead 2 to 3 times to ensure the dough is fully mixed. Form into a log and cut into 8 equal pieces. Place on the prepared pan, leaving a bit of space between them to ensure even baking.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and brush liberally with the melted butter. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 8 biscuits
Nutritional information per biscuit:
Calories 230 (50% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 4g • fat 13g • sat. fat 8g
• chol. 35mg • sod. 600mg • calc. 37mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
Custom Classic™ Toaster Oven Broiler
Toaster Oven Broiler with Convection
Compact Toaster Oven Broiler