Rosemary FocacciaCuisinart Original Recipe
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 standard packet) active dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/3 cup warm (105°-110°F) water
4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1/2 cup cold water
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
nonstick cooking spray
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture is foamy.
2. Put the flour and 1 teaspoon of salt in the work bowl of a Cuisinart Food Processor fitted with the dough or metal chopping blade; process 10 seconds to combine. Add cold water and 2 tablespoons of the oil to the yeast mixture.
3. With the machine running, slowly pour the liquid through the feed tube. Process until a dough ball forms. Continue to let the machine run another minute to knead.
4. Place the dough in a lightly floured seal-able plastic bag. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 400°F with the rack in the lower position. Lightly coat the baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Roll out into a rectangle and then fit onto the prepared pan, stretching the ends of the dough to meet the edges of the baking tray. Using your fingers, make indentations in the dough over the entire surface. Brush the dough with the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle the remaining salt and the rosemary over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until puffy, about 20 minutes.
7. Remove the plastic and bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly on wire rack before serving.
ServingsMakes 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 166 (19% from fat) • carb. 30g • pro. 4g • fat 1g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 476mg • calc. 1mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler