Zucchini BreadCuisinart Original Recipe
nonstick cooking spray
2 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
1. Preheat oven on Bake at 325°F with the rack in the lower position. Coat a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl stir together the flour, spices, salt and baking powder. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs and zucchini until combined. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet, being sure to fully incorporate. Stir in the nuts and dried fruit.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
4. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
ServingsMakes one 2-pound loaf (16 servings)
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 192 (37% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 3g • fat 8g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 23mg • sod. 183mg • calc. 25mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!