Chai - 6 ServingsCuisinart Original Recipe
4½ cups half & half
½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
12 bags black tea
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 star anise pods
2 1x1-inch piece of peeled fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon orange zest
4 tablespoons honey
1. Put half & half and vanilla into the blender jar. Set timer for 20 minutes and temperature on High until milk is hot and foamy. Stir mixture every few minutes.
2. Once liquid is hot turn the unit off. Add tea, spices, ginger and zest. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon through the lid opening as the stir function will break up the tea bags.
3. Set timer for 10 to 15 minutes and temperature on Low to steep the ingredients.
4. Once the tea has steeped, pour through a strainer and fully squeeze out tea from tea bags, reserving the tea and discarding the bags.
5. Stir in tea and honey and serve.
ServingsMakes six 6-ounce servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 285 (64% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 6g • fat 21g • sat. fat 13g • chol. 67mg • sod. 76mg • calc. 199mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Blend and Cook Soup Maker