Vegetable DumplingsCuisinart Original Recipe
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, diced
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup shredded napa cabbage
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped scallion
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, reduced sodium, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
3/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
nonstick cooking spray
16 wonton wrappers
1 quart water for steaming, plus more for assembling dumplings
1. Put the oil into the cooking pot of the Multi cooker set to Brown/Saute at 400°F. Add the mushrooms, carrot, pepper and cabbage and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes to soften slightly.
2. Stir in the scallion and ginger and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and vinegar and cook about 1 minute longer, until liquid is absorbed. Transfer filling to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Carefully clean out cooking pot and return to base of unit. Lightly coat the steaming rack with nonstick cooking spray and put 1 quart of water into the cooking pot of the Multi cooker fitted with the rack.
4. Set up your work station with a small bowl of water and a pastry brush, large plate or cutting board, wonton wrappers, and wonton filling. Working with 3 to 6 wonton wrappers at a time, place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling in the middle of each wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrappers with water and bring two opposite corners up, making a triangle. Crimp all edges like a pleat and pinch to seal, using more water if needed.
5. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers. Keep the prepared dumplings covered with plastic so as not to dry out. When you are close to finishing the dumplings, set the unit to Steam for 20 minutes.
6. When the unit is ready, add the dumplings to the rack and cover. (This may need to be done in two batches.) Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 16 dumplings
Nutritional information per dumpling:
Calories 20 (20% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 1g
• fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 39mg
• calc. 3mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: