Pork DumplingsCuisinart Original Recipe
nonstick cooking spray
1 quart water for steaming, plus more for assembling wontons
6 ounces ground pork
1/2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, plus more for serving
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped apple, (about 1/4 of a peeled and cored apple)
pinch ground mustard
18 wonton wrappers
1. Lightly coat the steaming rack with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve.
2. Put 1 quart of water into the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
3. Put all ingredients except the wonton wrappers into a large bowl. Gently toss with hands to fully combine, making sure not to over-mix or the filling will be too tough.
4. Set up your work station with a small bowl of water and a pastry brush, large plate or cutting board, package of wonton wrappers, and wonton filling. On a clean surface, line up 3 to 6 wonton wrappers at a time. Place about ½ tablespoon of filling in the middle of each wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrappers with a small amount of water and fold bottom point up, making a triangle. Either crimp all edges like a pleat or fold up the two end points and pinch to seal, using more water if needed. Continue to fill the remaining wontons. Keep the prepared wontons on a clean tray or cutting board and cover with plastic so as not to dry out. Transfer all filled dumplings to the steaming rack and place rack in the unit; cover.
5. Set the unit to Steam. Let steam for about 15 minutes.
6. These are delicious served with soy sauce.
ServingsMakes 18 dumplings
Nutritional information per dumpling:
Calories 58 (46% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 3g
• fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 8mg • sod. 83mg
• calc. 6mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
3-in-1 Cook Central®
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!