Sausage Bites in Mustard Wine Sauce (for MSC)Cuisinart Original Recipe
48 ounces smoked chicken or turkey sausages, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
4 small to medium onions, peeled, halved and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 cups dry white wine
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Set the Multicooker to Brown/Saute at 400°F. Cooking in batches, add about 1/3 of the sausages to the hot cooking pot, browning each batch for about 8 minutes. You really want to get the sausages nice and brown to bring out the great flavors. This step should take about 20 to 22 minutes total.
2. Once the sausages are browned, put them into the pot and reduce the heat to 350°F. Add the oil. Once oil is hot, add the onions and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until softened and translucent – this brings out the sweetness of the onions, which adds to the dish.
3. Raise the heat again to 400°F and add the wine. Bring the wine to a boil and let cook until reduced by about two thirds, stirring occasionally.
4. Finally, reduce the heat down to a simmer, to about 300°F, and stir in the Dijon. Simmer until completely coated and slightly thickened.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve.
ServingsMakes 16 appetizer servings (for MSC-600); Makes 8 appetizer servings (for the MSC-400)
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 63 (38% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 4g
• fat 3g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 15mg • sod. 290mg
• calc. 12mg • fiber 0g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!