Kettle Corn (Traditional Oil Popper)Cuisinart Original Recipe
1 tablespoon vegetable or grapeseed oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1. Evenly distribute the 1 tablespoon of oil on the popping plate of the Popcorn Maker. Add the popcorn kernels. Put the inverted bowl on top of the popping plate. Turn the power switch to ON.
2. When the kernels have finished popping, turn power switch to OFF. Put bowl cap on bowl. Unlock and turn bowl over onto a flat surface. Remove the base from the bowl.
3. While the corn is popping, put the sugar and water into a heavy-bottom saucepan (the mixture should look like wet sand) and place over medium heat. Allow to cook, without stirring, until the sugar has dissolved but has picked up no color. Once the sugar has achieved a liquid consistency, whisk the butter into the saucepan a little at a time until all is incorporated. The mixture should be smooth and glossy.
4. Very carefully pour the hot sugar/butter mixture and salt over the popcorn and stir to fully combine. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes about 14 cups
Nutritional information per 1-cup serving:
Calories 93 (55% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 1g • fat 6g
• sat. fat 3g • chol. 13mg • sod. 82mg • calc. 0mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
EasyPop® Popcorn Maker