Buffalo-Style Chicken WingsCuisinart Original Recipe
This bar-menu staple still gets crisp despite being baked instead
of the traditional deep-fry. They have a kick, but if you like them
really spicy feel free to increase the amount of cayenne.
1 pound chicken wings, tips removed drumettes and flats separated
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 425°F with rack in position A. Line the baking tray with aluminum foil.
2. In a bowl, toss the wings with ¾ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and the vegetable oil. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
3. When finished baking, remove the pan and carefully adjust the rack to position C. Switch to Broil and return wings for another 2 to 3 minutes to crisp the skin.
4. While the wings are broiling, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the remaining salt and pepper, cayenne and hot sauce. Keep warm.
5. Put wings in a medium-size bowl, cover with sauce and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
Servings2 to 4
Nutritional information per wing:
Calories 65 (57% from fat) • carb. 0g • pro. 6g • fat 4g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 22mg • sod. 295mg • calc. 4mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Compact Toaster Oven Broiler