Roasted Vegetable QuesadillaCuisinart Original Recipe
For a less traditional twist swap out the Monterey Jack for goat cheese."
½ small zucchini, cut into ½-inch pieces
½ bell pepper (red, yellow or orange is preferable),
cut into ½-inch pieces
½ jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
½ small onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 teaspoon olive oil, plus ½ tablespoon for brushing
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
2 10-inch flour tortillas
2 ounces Monterey Jack, shredded
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 450°F with rack in position A for 5 minutes. Line baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Toss the zucchini, bell and jalapeño peppers, onion and garlic with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Put vegetables on the prepared baking pan. Bake until vegetables are softened and browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Return vegetables to mixing bowl and toss with the cilantro and lime juice. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
3. Assemble quesadilla: Put one tortilla on the foil-lined baking pan. Evenly distribute the vegetables on top and then add the cheese. Top with the other tortilla and brush it with the remaining oil.
4. Bake quesadilla at 350°F for about 8 minutes, until top is golden and cheese inside is melted.
5. Cut quesadilla in half and serve with salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 194 (45% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 6g • fat 10g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 13mg • sod. 457mg • calc. 153mg • fiber 2g