Traditional PopcornCuisinart Original Recipe
The perfect balance between butter and salt. For those who are salt-sensitive, adjust the amount of salt to taste.
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ to ¾ teaspoons kosher or sea salt
1. Pour the vegetable oil onto the heating plate with the measured popcorn kernels.
2. Place the bowl on the popping plate and switch the slide selector to Pop.
3. Once the unit has been turned on, put the butter into a small saucepan over medium heat to melt. Once melted, remove from heat.
4. When the last kernel has popped, move the slide selector from Pop to Mix. Drizzle the melted butter and sprinkle the salt through the flavor dispenser. Allow to mix for about 30 to 45 seconds so flavors completely coat the popcorn.
5. Place cover on popper and invert. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes about 8 cups
Nutritional information per 1-cup serving:
Calories 84 (61% from fat) • carb. 7g • pro. 1g
• fat 6g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 11mg • sod. 136mg
• calc. 1mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Hot Air Popcorn Maker