Herb & Nut Cheese LogsUser Submitted Recipe
Wonderful with Wheat Thins, Triscuit, or your own crackers
8oz. Cream Cheese, Light, softened at room temp.
2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
4oz. Goat Cheese
To Taste, Kosher Salt
8oz. Cheddar Cheese, sharp, shredded
To Taste, White Pepper
3 cloves Garlic, roasted
3 Tbsp Marjoram, fresh, fine chop
1/4 cup Onion, Sweet, grated
3 Tbsp Thyme, fresh, fine chop
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Pistachio Nuts, shelled, fine chop
1/4 cup Sour Cream, Low Fat
1 cup Walnut, toasted, fine chop
1. Combine cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
2. Mash the roasted garlic in a small bowl and stir in the grated onion; stir in the heavy cream, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Combine well.
3. Beat the cream mixture into the cheese mixture in the medium bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Mix both herbs well in a small bowl and lay out on a large sheet of wax paper.
5. Mix both nuts well in a small bowl; leave in bowl.
6. Scoop about 5 ounces of the cheese mixture onto one strip of plastic wrap; roll mixture in wrap to form a log; when a neat log is achieved, twist up each end of log.
7. Refrigerate for a few hours or until ready to serve.