TzatzikiUser Submitted Recipe
1 32 oz. container plain yogurt or 1 16 oz. container Greek yogurt
1/2 English cucumber (these are wrapped in plastic), peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded
1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider vinegar works well)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. If using Greek yogurt, skip to Step 2. Place strainer over large bowl. Line strainer with 2 layers of cheesecloth. Spoon yogurt into cheesecloth-lined strainer; let stand in refrigerator overnight or for several hours (liquid will drain out and yogurt will thicken). Transfer yogurt to medium bowl; discard liquid.
2. Meanwhile, coarsely grate cucumber with food processor or by hand. Squeeze excess moisture from cucumber using clean dishtowel.
3. Mix cucumber, dill, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper into yogurt.
4. Allow to sit in refrigerator for at least a few hours for best flavor.
5. Serve with pita crisps, bread, or as a side for grilled pork souvlaki.