Gorgonzola and Ricotta BruschettaCuisinart Original Recipe
Makes 12 bruschetta
12 slices (1/2-inch thick) French bread
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup ricotta, strained
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
1/2 to 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Toaster Oven Broiler to 375°F on the bake setting with the rack in position B.
2. Rub one side of each slice of bread with garlic and then brush with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until lightly toasted.
3. While bread is toasting, prepare topping. In a small bowl, add the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
4. Distribute evenly among the toasted bread, and then top with the gorgonzola. Return to oven and then set on broil for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is fully warmed.
5. Drizzle honey over bruschetta and serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 12 bruschetta
Nutritional information per bruschetta: Calories 120 (46% from fat) • carb. 11g • pro. 5g • fat 6g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 10mg • sod. 300mg • calc. 108mg • fiber 1g