Tuna and watermelon appetizer for 2User Submitted Recipe
2 4 ounce tuna steaks 2 watermelon wedges
1 cup balsamic vinegar 1 tsp. Chinese all spice
1 tsp. ginger 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. brown sugar Curley parsley for garnish
Tuna and watermelon appetizer for 2
- On each tuna steak, rub half the Chinese all spice and ginger on each side.
- On each watermelon rub half the salt and pepper on each side.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and reduce by half then remove from heat. Stirring occasionally.
- On an oiled heated grill, grill tuna steaks to medium rare.
- On same grill cook watermelon wedges to heat through and add grill marks.
- Cut the tuna steaks and watermelon into equal sized triangle.
- On the serving plate arrange singled around the edges of the plate tuna then watermelon then tuna again followed by watermelon and so on until all the pieces are on the plate leaving room in the center of the plate.
- Drizzle sweetened balsamic glaze over the tuna steaks and watermelon.
- Bunch up the curly parsley and “fluff” it for height and place in the center of the plate for a simple garnish.