Sausage Bites in Mustard Wine Sauce - 24 ServingsCuisinart Original Recipe
These will be a hit every time. The leftover sauce is delicious as a dipping sauce
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 medium onions, halved and cut into ½-inch pieces
24 ounces smoked chicken or turkey sausage, cut on the diagonal into ½-inch slices
2 cups dry white wine
1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 400ºF.
2. Pour the oil into the Skillet and stir to coat the cooking surface. Add the onions and cook 1 minute. Add the sausage and cook until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
3. Pour in the wine. Boil rapidly, stirring until reduced by about two thirds, about 15 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to warm; stir in the mustard. Cook until completely coated and slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve.
ServingsMakes 24 Appetizer Servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 81 (47% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 4g • fat 4g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 15mg • sod. 290mg • calc. 12mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!