Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping SauceCuisinart Original Recipe
This recipe of Peanut Sauce makes about 1 cup, more than you will need for this dish, but it keeps well for up to 2 weeks when wrapped and stored in the refrigerator. Great in a stir-fry too!"
1 small garlic clove
1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and halved
1 1/2-inch piece of lemongrass, halved, or about 1 teaspoon chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
1 small garlic clove
1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Thai red chili paste
1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
1-2 tablespoons water
1. Insert the metal chopping blade into a Cuisinart Food Processor. Put the garlic, green onion, ginger and lemongrass in the work bowl and process until finely chopped. Put the chopped ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Add cilantro to the food processor bowl and pulse to roughly chop. Add to the mixing bowl and whisk in the coconut milk. Put the chicken into the satay marinade. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for no more than two hours.
2. While chicken is marinating, prepare the peanut sauce. With the food processor running, drop the jalapeno, garlic and ginger through the feed tube; process until finely chopped. Add the roasted peanuts and pulse until peanuts are well processed. Add the peanut butter, coconut milk, tamari, chili paste, lime juice, and fish sauce and process until smooth. To thin out sauce, add a tablespoon of water at a time while the machine is running.
3. Ten minutes before chicken has finished marinating, preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro to High. Thread three of the skewers with the marinated chicken. Fit skewers into place. Let cook until fully cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Serve immediately with the peanut sauce on the side for dipping.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving
(based on 2 servings, with 2 tablespoons of the peanut sauce):
Calories 431 (61% from fat) • carb. 10g • pro. 33g • fat 30g • sat. fat 19g
• chol. 66mg • sod. 222mg • calc. 35mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Griddler® Compact Grill Centro