Stuffed PortabellasCuisinart Original Recipe
A great way to start dinner. Pass a plate of these around while you are waiting for the rest of your meal to finish cooking."
3 garlic cloves, peeled
¾ cup panko ( Japanese-style) breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
¾ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
¾ cup grated Parmesan
6 portabella caps, stems removed and saved for a separate use or discarded
1. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the grill plates and preheat both plates to 450˚F.
2. While the unit is preheating, chop the garlic in a Cuisinart® Food Processor or Chopper. Add the panko, herbs, zest, salt and pepper, and process until combined. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of oil and the Parmesan. Reserve.
3. Brush the tops and bottoms of the mushrooms with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil. Place on the lower preheated grill plate and using the cover height adjuster, gently close so that the upper plate is just touching the tops of the mushrooms. Grill 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until grill marks are visible.
4. Keeping the top plate at 450˚F, reduce the bottom plate to Warm. Open the grill and evenly divide the mushroom mixture among the tops of the grilled portabellas. Setting the cover height adjuster at the highest notch, close the upper plate until it is sitting just above the mushrooms. Let the mushrooms brown until the breadcrumb mixture is toasted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 6 servings
Nutritional information per mushroom:
Calories 205 (68% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 9g • fat 16g • sat. fat 5g
• chol. 15mg • sod. 404mg • calc. 190mg • f iber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: