Classic Tomato BruschettaCuisinart Original Recipe
The Griddler® Deluxe’s independently heated plates make the perfect bruschetta easy, keeping bread warm on the bottom while melting cheese on top."
16 slices (½-inch thick) French bread (baguette)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus 1 teaspoon
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered (about 1½ cups)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 small garlic cloves, chopped
3 medium fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
½ ounce Parmesan, grated or finely shredded
1. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the grill plates and preheat both plates to 450˚F.
2. Using 2 tablespoons of the oil, brush all the bread on both sides. Once the unit has preheated, put all pieces of oiled bread onto the hot plates and grill about 3 to 5 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
3. While bread is grilling, prepare topping. In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and basil with the remaining oil.
4. Keeping the upper plate at 450˚F, reduce the lower plate to Warm. Move all toasted bread to the lower plate and distribute the tomato mixture evenly on each piece, then top with the Parmesan. Setting the cover height adjuster at the highest notch, close the upper plate until it is sitting just above the Parmesan, but not touching it. Let the bruschetta cook until the cheese is just melted, about 5 minutes.
5. Serve immediately.
ServingsMakes 16 bruschetta
Nutritional information per bruschetta:
Calories 67 (34% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 2g • fat 3g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 1mg • sod. 138mg • calc. 21mg • f iber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products: