Grilled PizzaCuisinart Original Recipe
3/4 to 1 pound prepared pizza dough (1/2 pound is good for personal size)
olive oil, for brushing dough
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded or sliced mozzarella
kosher salt, to taste
1. Fit the Griddler® Deluxe with the griddle or grill plates and preheat both plates at 450°F.
2. While the unit is heating, roll out the dough to a rectangle slightly smaller than the plate, about 10 inches wide. Brush both sides with olive oil.
3. Once the unit has preheated, place oiled dough on lower plate, spreading it carefully to fill the plate. Close the upper plate and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Keeping the upper plate at 450°F, reduce the lower plate to Warm. Open unit; top dough with the sauce, cheese and salt; set the cover height adjuster at the highest notch and close the upper plate until it is just sitting above the cheese. Let the pizza cook until the cheese is fully melted, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove pizza, let rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
ServingsMakes 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 141 (36% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 4g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g
• chol. 3mg • sod. 310mg • calc. 37mg • f iber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!