Recent Posts Subscriptions
- 3 Reception Ideas for the Guys
- Brown Rice for Baby
- Southern Fried Catfish
- Frozen Treats for Baby
June 20, 2014 • Posted by Brea Buffaloe
Have you been missing out on this inexpensive yet very filling pantry essential? If so, it’s certainly time to make a change. Couscous, known for its North African origins, is tiny pasta usually made of wheat. Traditionally it’s served over meat or vegetable stew but couscous is a very versatile side dish.
Couscous doesn’t have a distinct flavor to it, similar to rice, making it a perfect complement to a range of dishes or the base of others like salads. Most pre-packaged couscous is easily cooked by simply pouring boiling water over it. Here are 5 tasty recipes to try at home:
1. Zucchini Couscous makes for a tasty side dish.
2. Couscous with Shrimp and Scallops is great for a weeknight dinner.
3. This Stuffed Red Peppers recipe is packed with flavor.
4. If you want to try couscous in a salad this Couscous Salad with Basil Vinaigrette is a wonderful recipe to start with.
5. Israeli Coucous with Moroccan Vegetables is a great vegetable side that your family will certainly enjoy.