Recent Posts Subscriptions
- Warm Soup for Baby
- Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Dishes
- How to Roast Your Thanksgiving Turkey
- Learning More About Lettuce
November 25, 2013 • Posted by Ankita Satija
The end of November is here, which can only mean one thing: Thanksgiving is approaching! Many of us associate the holiday with massive food comas due to lethal amounts of mashed potatoes and stuffing. But what about your little one?
Since a turkey leg is hardly suitable for an infant’s palate, you are probably better off sticking to purees for a Stage 1-2 eater. But that doesn’t mean your baby is resigned to a bland Thanksgiving dinner. Here are some purees that ensure your babe will be part of the fun, with a little inspiration from Parents.com.
1) Butternut Squash. Blend this for baby and watch little eyes light up.
2) Applesauce. A favorite for adults and children alike, applesauce is a perpetual crowd pleaser. It goes well with everything – a delicious side dish for grown-ups gorging on turkey, as well as the perfect puree for your tiny tot.
3) Turkey and Cranberry. Yep, turkey is totally mashable! Place in a blender with water and add cranberries until it matches the consistency of a puree.
And a Cuisinart original recipe your baby is bound to love on Turkey Day…
4) Sweet Potato Pancakes
Makes about 25 silver dollar pancakes
1 recipe sweet potato purée 3 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour 1 large egg ½ teaspoon kosher salt 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When oil shimmers across the pan add pancake batter, 1 tablespoon per pancake for silver dollar pancakes.
Cook approximately 3 minutes per side until golden brown.